I'm posting this here to give this BUG attention.  It's a pretty serious one
for Win32 users, and it would be great if it could be fixed *very
quickly* -- I posted this in the Bug Reports on PHP.net on May 27th, 2002.

Here's the link: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=17461

I need to use this function to perform certain *required* tasks on a
Timeout -- however (and please read the Bug Report, before replying) the
Timeout functionality of this function DOES NOT work on Win32 builds.

If your a C/C++ / PHP contributor and have a moment to look into this -- it
would be great -- I would love to see this fixed in release 4.2.4 !!!

Thanks
Jason