> I have not seen it where AOL randomly shunts a new IP to a client,
> but then again I don't get to many AOL users on the websites which use
> these sessions, ofcourse of those who do, none have ever complained
> about there session being lost.

It doesn't always happen, but I think AOL's IP timeout is smaller than
the session timeout on our websites.  When tracking a login issue at one
point, I lost track of the customer because his IP changed.  He was
using AOL.

> This is true, however most people with secondary connections are
> (or should) be operated in a BGP fashion where two pipe's can route
> the same IP subnet while maintaining two seperate routes to the
> internet.

BGP on a dialup or ISDN connection?  Multiplexing isn't multihoming.
Two different issues. :)  (Not to mention that your everyday person
doesn't know anything about multihoming and BGP.)

Even Linux has the ability (eql is one of the products) to combine
multiple upstream gateways (whether they be dialup/ISDN/DSL/T1's, etc)
in a simple "round-robin" form.  Cisco routers even have the support (ip
load-sharing per-destination) that doesn't require BGP or to have the
routes be on the same provider.

Jaime Bozza