Are you just interested in getting the IP address of the visitor?
IF so, this info is already added to the website's apache log, so you
actually only need to go look through the log, or, if you want to make
it a bit more "surgical", you can write the 'REMOTE_ADDR' variable
straight into a mysql table, without the added trouble of mailing ,
specially with using mailto: ; this actually opens up a "new message"
window on the client's side's e-mail program, and the user has to click
on "send", if he doesn't, you won't get the mail.... So, if it's crucial
stuff, don't rely on the client ( that's actually the golden rule for
all apps...)