The original cookie specifications required that the domain in the
cookie has at least 2 (or 3 for domains not in the primary tlds) periods
in it.  (So as to stop someone from using .com, .edu, etc...)

So, you use .domain.com, right?  Well, Netscape 4.x is strict in that
.domain.com does not match http://domain.com ...  Sounds like you're
having this problem.

I don't believe you're going to have any luck with cookies in Netscape
4.x with only one period.  (I had heard some references to using
"domain.com.", but I just setup a primary domain webserver to test that
and it doesn't work)

Jaime