I have found this to be very true with RedHat 8 (includes Apache2.0.40,
and php 4.2.2).  While RedHat 8.0 isn't really ready for a production
server, apache2 and php definitly are not.  You have to bend over
backwards to get some things working correctly if at all.  Plus there
are still some stability issues with RH 8.

As far as my production servers go apache 1.3 and RH 7.3 for now.

--
Tom Woody
Systems Administrator

Don't throw your computer out the window,
throw the Windows out of your computer!