Try this article - code sample available in the code
library as well.
http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/tim20000505.php3

Also a 6 part series on www.devarticles.com (5 are
done)
Here's part five - you can find the rest :)
http://www.devarticles.com/art/1/323

zend.com probably has a good article on this as well.

olinux