I am wondering if anyone out there has some really good references in
regards to scripts distributed as open source using the GPL. In the last
three years that I have worked on open source projects I have seen several
people "steal" a program, change the name and then try to distribute it as
something else.

So I am wondering what people here prefer to use for a license, is there
anyway to combat these kinds of people, etc.

Why do I ask now? Because it has happened again, only this time, the person
is actively marketing this "new" script.

Jeff