I would assume, that because linux is built around networking, making a
reference to http://whatever would tell linux to look on the internet for
the file.  window isn't built the same way, so it doesn't know to look
beyond it's filing system.  As to a solution, I'm not sure.

I'd look into fopen perhaps? You could copy the external script to your
local drive, then include it.  However, I've just had a though, surely when
you request the .php file the http server it is held on will parse it and
return the output of it.  If that's OK, then the following code should do
it.

<?
$ExternalFile="http://whatever/file.xyz";
$LocalFile="localname.html";

$fp = @fopen($ExternalFile,"r");

if ($fp)
{
$outhandle=fopen ($LocalFile,"w");
while (!feof($fp)) {
$buffer=fread($fp,4096);
fputs($outhandle,$buffer);
}

fclose($fp);
fclose($outhandle);

include("$LocalFile");

exec("delete.bat");
}
?>
and delete.bat contains just del localname.html

That works for me (just tested it).

Anyone know a neater way?

Ross