On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 02:23:54AM -0700, Hal Murray wrote:
> If all goes well, the NTS-KE step is very rare.  The client gets 8 cookies.
> Each NTP exchange uses a cookie and gets back a new cookie.  If an occasional
> packet is lost, the client can ask for extras.  The NTP side just keeps
> running if the server's certificate expires.

If that's the case, I suggest that the draft should get changed so
that the client takes the expiration date into account, and that
the client does the NTS-KE at least every few days to check that
the certificate is still the same/valid.

I also expect the client to do OCSP, and would urge the server to
do OCSP stapling. The time to do an new NTS-KE could then depend
on how long the OCSP response is valid.

Kurt