The ports tree is now locked.  What that means is that you should be
very careful with the changes you propose and everything should be
approved by me.  However, you must discuss it with the usual suspects
and other developers as well.

Accept that we will ship with some bugs, but focus on fixing the
simple problems and what can be fixed reasonably.  Only look at
important issues and do not think "I'll throw this update in, it
looks good and I'm sure it won't hurt anything" because now is
the wrong time to do this.

Focus on testing the package snapshots!  The main reason we do this
whole locking process is because the ports tree is so large and it
takes a long time to build.  Noticing problems can take a while
and we need time to address them, so help out!