On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 4:46 PM Matthias Schmidt <open...@xosc.org> wrote:

> Hi Klemens,
>
> * Klemens Nanni wrote:
> > Playing music in ncspot reliably stops after some time with
> > "Stream drop error: PortAudio not initialized".
> >
> > Not sure when this started to happen, but I remember times when there was no
> > such issue and I could listen for hours without error.  Now audio usually
> > stops after a few tracks.
> >
> > I'm running ncspot 0.9.5 on an X230 with internal audio, no sndiod flags or
> > fancy audio devices.
> >
> > Once this error occurs, I can just start playing again and ncspot recovers
> > without restart.
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this?  Any advice on where to start with this?
>
> I know this error, however, here (T450s, -current) it occurs very
> seldom and usually after a suspend resume cycle.  ncspot also doesn't crash
> here.  I restart the song and fix the garbled screen display with
> Ctrl+l.
>
> Cheers
>
>         Matthias

Probably this error is happening since the portaudio-rs dependency has
been updated from 0.3.1 to 0.3.2.

It was on Tue Jun 2 2020: could it be possible?

Ciao,
David
--
"If you try a few times and give up, you'll never get there. But if
you keep at it... There's a lot of problems in the world which can