On 2024/01/17 10:19, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2024/01/14 18:01, Eric Brown wrote:
> > Hello Gonzalo:
> >
> > According to:
> >
> > https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/installation/system_requirements.html
> >
> > PHP 8.2 is now the recommended version, though 8.3 is also supported.
> > 8.0 is deprecated.  Seems that the port utilizes up to 8.1.
> >
> > Is it possible to bump this up?  (May also apply to the other Nextcloud
> > versions.)
>
> With MODULES=lang/php the default version is currently 8.1, except on
> sparc64.
>
> It's possible to override and set MODPHP_VERSION=8.2 in an individual
> port, but note that doing this will knock out packaging on sparc64 which
> is stuck with PHP 8.0 (newer versions have "fibers" which requires
> either an OS which supports ucontext, or arch-dependent code which
> isn't present for sparc64).
>
> It would be possible to make this conditional on ${MACHINE_ARCH} and
> avoid overriding the version on sparc64 until upstream no longer
> supports 8.0.

...though it might be time to bump the default to 8.2 (except for
sparc64) across ports anyway; 8.0 is now EoL and 8.1 is on critical
fixes only.

Does anyone have a handle on the level of support for 8.2 across PHP
things in ports in general now? It's generally ok for the ports I'm
using (librenms, icinga-web2, roundcube, nextcloud) but I don't have
a handle on others (grommunio, zabbix, baikal, davical, phpldapadmin,
phpmyadmin, ...)