On Wed, 17 Jan 2024 16:49:50 +0100, Peter Hessler <phess...@theapt.org>
wrote:

> On 2024 Jan 06 (Sat) at 09:25:22 -0500 (-0500), Daniel Jakots wrote:
> :On Sat, 6 Jan 2024 15:15:25 +0100, Peter Hessler
> <phess...@theapt.org> :wrote:
> :
> :> annoyingly this change completely fucks me over, because the
> feature :> they are removing is 100% the reason I'm using it.
> :
> :I'm not sure I understand. What is the feature you're mentioning?
> :
>
> As I understand their documentation, this is the file system storage
> of files.  I need to be able to use "root
> /var/www/minio/export/bucket;" in my web server config so web users
> can fetch assets that are uploaded.

My use case is also a mastodon instance but nginx is proxying request
to minio, it's not reading directly from the bucket.

The way the files are stored on disk changed a bit (I know because I
initially tried to switch to a newer minio with just rsyncing the files,
but it didn't work). To what extent, I'm not sure.

Cheers,
Daniel