On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 01:53:40AM +0000, Klemens Nanni wrote:
| > Paul mentioned shairpoint-sync's instructions as reply to spotifyd,
| > where I went with less repitition and more precise instructions.

I did, and then I wanted to look into this but basically was too busy
with other things .. sorry Klemens.

| ===================================================================
| RCS file: /cvs/ports/audio/shairport-sync/pkg/README,v
| diff -u -p -r1.2 README
| --- pkg/README        1 May 2022 14:00:13 -0000       1.2
| +++ pkg/README        22 Jan 2024 01:41:44 -0000
| @@ -8,16 +8,7 @@ boot time, the rc.conf.local(8) pkg_scri
|      rcctl enable messagebus avahi_daemon shairport_sync
|      rcctl order messagebus avahi_daemon shairport_sync
|
| -sndiod(8) concurrent access by shairport-sync(1) and other users
| -================================================================
| +Follow sndio(7) Authentication if both dedicated and your own user shall be
| +able to play audio at the same time, e.g. on a desktop system:
|
| -sndiod(8) normally only allows access to audio by a single system user
| -at a time. This is done by generating a random authentication token and
| -storing it in $HOME/.sndio/cookie when a user first accesses audio,
| -providing a limited capability to share with other users by copying
| -the token to their home directory.  See AUTHENTICATION in sndio(7) for
| -more details.
| -
| -If you want to share sndiod(8) access with shairport-sync(1) running as
| -the default _shairport user, you may copy .sndio/cookie from your user's
| -home directory to /var/spool/shairport/.sndio/cookie.
| +    install -D -p -o _shairport -m 0600 ~/.sndio/cookie
${HOME_DIR}/.sndio/cookie

I like this change.  Don't have much skin in the game (not the port's
maintainer, and I've got things working on my system already) but I
think this makes more sense.

Paul

                 http://www.weirdnet.nl/