> s/YES/Yes/ and it's OK sthen@
I have done it.

> Pretty sure this needs the usual FLAVOR dance, otherwhise pkgname/path
> mismatch (regardless, the ports directory needs to be named py-*):

>       $ make show='FULLPKGNAME FULLPKGPATH'
>       py3-bdfparser-2.2.0
>       graphics/py-bdfparser

It seems, that I've done it.

make show='FULLPKGPATH FULLPKGNAME'
graphics/py3-bdfparser
py3-bdfparser-2.2.0

> Also, I slightly prefer graphics/ over sysutils/ here.

Done.

I attached the resulted archive file with application/x-tar MIME type.
But if something wrong with the file, here is commit[1] on github.

My holidays is soon to end, but maybe I will also try to port
py-compiledb[2] as it have much less dependencies, than bear[3].
Writing this paragraph in case someone is also interested in gaining
IDE-like capabilities in your text editor of choice by using clangd
language server and generating compilation database from Makefiles.
You can view attempts to port both in my porting-efforts repo.
I'd like to learn C programming on OpenBSD.

Best regards, Artsiom.

[1]:
https://github.com/artsi0m/porting-efforts/tree/77f9517e9cbbe338295d15acb71562de7cccb921/graphics/py3-bdfparser
[2]: https://github.com/nickdiego/compiledb