2024-01-22T21:15:42Z Корякин Артём <karakin2...@gmail.com>:

> "Johannes Thyssen Tishman" <johan...@thyssentishman.com> writes:
>
>> I have an update for cad/opencascade (7.7.2 -> 7.8.0) ready, but
>> cad/kicad (one of it's two consumers) won't build with it. While
>> trying to understand why, I noticed that our port for KiCAD is
>> outdated by two major versions. Before I try to work on an update
>> for it, I'd like to ask here if anyone is still using it or if there
>> is someone with experience building KiCAD who could help me with
>> the task. I personally don't use KiCAD, but I think it'd be sad to
>> kill it.
>
>> KiCAD
>
> I use its proprietary alternative on windows partition because of my uni
> carriculum, but I would like to stick to OpenBSD and full FOSS one day.
> I tried to create an simple python port for now and I know a little bit
> C, a little bit python3.
>
> I don't know is it enough for ability to help and how much time I will
> get on next week, when new semester will start, but I am interested.
>
> Best regards, Artsiom.

I guess you could start by looking at commits for previous KiCAD updates. Also,
we need to check what changed in the last two major version to see if we need
to update/add/drop patches. Other than that, I guess just try to get it to
compile and run.

I believe it's not only cad/kicad that we have to update, but also
cad/kicad-share/*. The latter should be straight forward though as there
doesn't seem to be anything to compile.

I'll try to work on this when I find the time, but any help is welcome and
appreciated.