Puppet 6 made room for Puppet8. Initial port for Puppet8 was sent to me by Alex
Talaran.
It took me a while to test and prepare. With Puppet6 gone, and for Puppet7 all
dependencies updated,
I think Puppet8 is good to go. Puppet8 agent works well for me on amd64 against
puppetdb/puppetserver v8.
Also puppet7 agents work fine against Puppet8 server/db combination.
Also, there's a noticable speed improvement observable in puppet runs!

Attached tarballs to be extracted in databases/puppetdb, sysutils/ruby-puppet,
and sysutils/puppetserver.
PS: also sent some time ago new dependencies for www/puppetboard to ports@ I'd
like to import: py-flask-apscheduler and py-flask-caching.

NOTE: If you like me run puppetserver 7, want to upgrade to puppetserver 8:
 * Puppet8 got rid of a _lot_ of backward compat shims, so an upgrade may not
as easy as someone might wish
 * hiera3 is no more, use hiera5, hiera-file is "gone", a few things in your
hierarchy might have to be adapted
 * many legacy modules may need updates
   * I had _many_ good old modules serving me since Puppet 4 or 5, lots of them
had to be updated/adapted
     * it takes some doing, but workable
     * all the changes necessary to make Puppet8 happy, will work well on
Puppetserver 7
     * you can gradually test against Puppetserver8, and update your
Puppetserver 7 hiera/modules, until
       it all works for you.

I don't really expect intensive tests, but at least some comments on the ports
where applicable, would be great.
Other issues I'd like to address in-tree.