> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Stuart Henderson <s...@spacehopper.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> I suggest starting by trying to create a port

So make install of monetdb/monetdb runs without
error.

But after the install, when I list the LIB_SHARED
files in /usr/local/lib, there is still no .so libs, only
files  with the .so.<version>.

The app logic open()'s the file with the
plain .so extension.

How do I get the symbolic links generated
from .so.<version> to .so?

Makefile enclosed below.

Thanks,

# $OpenBSD: Makefile.template,v 1.55 2008/08/23 15:28:00 ajacoutot Exp $

COMMENT =               column store database (core libraries)
DISTNAME =              MonetDB-1.36.1
CATEGORIES =            databases/monetdb
MASTER_SITES =          http://monetdb.cwi.nl/downloads/sources/Feb2010/

HOMEPAGE =              http://monetdb.cwi.nl/Home/
MAINTAINER =            Mark Bucciarelli <mkb...@gmail.com>

#
#        MonetDB Public License Version 1.1
#
#        This License is a derivative of the Mozilla Public License
#        (MPL) Version 1.1, where the difference is that all references
#        to "Mozilla" and "Netscape" have been changed to "MonetDB",
#        and that the License has been made subject to the laws of
#        The Netherlands.
#
# ref: http://monetdb.cwi.nl/Legal/MonetDBLicense-1.1.html
#

PERMIT_PACKAGE_CDROM =  Yes
PERMIT_PACKAGE_FTP =    Yes
PERMIT_DISTFILES_CDROM =Yes
PERMIT_DISTFILES_FTP =  Yes

SEPARATE_BUILD =        concurrent  (build simultaneously on all arches)

USE_X11 =               No
USE_GMAKE =             Yes
USE_LIBTOOL =           Yes
CONFIGURE_STYLE =       gnu
CONFIGURE_ARGS +=       --enable-strict
CONFIGURE_ARGS +=       --enable-assert
CONFIGURE_ARGS +=       --enable-debug
CONFIGURE_ARGS +=       --enable-profile

SHARED_LIBS +=  mutils  1.36                  # .1.36
SHARED_LIBS +=  stream  1.36                  # .1.36
SHARED_LIBS +=  bat     1.36                  # .1.36

.include <bsd.port.mk>