> most ports should have libexecinfo as an optional dependency...
> btw, why marco's backtrace library is not in ports? After we have
> removed libexecinfo (if we decide to do so) we could use it as a
> libexecinfo replacement. Just my 2 cents...

The reason both fail is because on amd64 on of the pointers isn't set to
NULL in crt0 so the backtrace continues on until it crashes.  Drahn and
I looked at it in the past but for some reason the diff was rejected.  I
don't recall the reason.  If there is interest in revisiting this let me
know and I'll go dig in my archives.