Have you tried

vfs objects = xattr_tdb

This will use a tdb database for storing extended attributes.

Ian McWilliam

From: owner-po...@openbsd.org [owner-po...@openbsd.org] on behalf of Jeremie
Courreges-Anglas [j...@wxcvbn.org]
Sent: Friday, 9 September 2016 7:01 AM
To: kasak
Cc: ports@openbsd.org
Subject: Re: Samba as DC on OpenBSD 6.0 is unusable :(

samba port maintainer here,

kasak <ka...@kasakoff.net> writes:

> Maybe I am doing something wrong ?
>
> I have tried to provision domain and got error that samba was compiled
> without acl support.
>
> On some forums I found advice to use "--use-ntvfs" option when provisioning.
>
> But it appeared that samba-tool doesn't know about this option:
>
> $ doas samba-tool domain provision --use-ntvfs
> Usage: samba-tool domain provision [options]
>
> samba-tool domain provision: error: no such option: --use-ntvfs
>
> I think this option was deprecated in new versions of samba, but i was
> not able to find information about it.

No idea what went wrong in the last updates.  IIUC it's just a matter of
fixing domain provisioning, which used to work fine.  I'll take a look
at this soon(tm).

> So, is it really possible to use OpenBSD as a DC?

Everything is possible, but our lack of ACLs and extended attributes
make OpenBSD a poor choice for samba, even if upstream supports backends
that don't suffer these limitations.  From my POV, net/samba is here
first for simple file sharing and client libraries support.

--
jca | PGP : 0x1524E7EE / 5135 92C1 AD36 5293 2BDF  DDCC 0DFA 74AE 1524 E7EE