Try pkg_add mod_fastcgi

Ian McWilliam

________________________________
From: owner-po...@openbsd.org <owner-po...@openbsd.org> on behalf of Maarten
Lippmann <maar...@lippmann.us>
Sent: Thursday, 13 September 2018 12:00 PM
To: ports@openbsd.org
Subject: backuppc FastCgiExternalServer error on apache2

Hey All,

I'm trying to move my backuppc installation off of debian onto a openbsd
amd64 6.3 stable installation.

I went through the basics, installed backuppc with pkg_add, as well as
apache-httpd and samba.

(samba was not listed as a dependency for backuppc, but backuppc startup
failed if it could not find /usr/local/bin/smbclient. so samba may need
to be added as a pkg dependency for backuppc.)

The docs  ( /usr/local/share/doc/pkg-readmes/backuppc-3.3.2p0 ) instruct
to create a symlink to example file
/var/www/conf/modules.sample/backuppc.conf in /var/www/conf/modules.

If I try to start apache2 after creating that link per the instructions,
I get below error:

AH00526: Syntax error on line 5 of /var/www/conf/modules/backuppc.conf:
Invalid command 'FastCgiExternalServer', perhaps misspelled or defined
by a module not included in the server configuration

Relevant example conf file contents:

# $OpenBSD: httpd-backuppc.conf,v 1.1.1.1 2011/09/20 11:36:55 landry Exp $
Alias /backuppc /backuppc/
ScriptAlias /BackupPC_Admin /BackupPC_Admin.fcgi
FastCgiExternalServer /BackupPC_Admin.fcgi -host 127.0.0.1:1028
<Location /BackupPC_Admin>
         SetHandler fastcgi-script
</Location>

Notice the date, this looks old.
As a hail-Mary I loaded all (fcgi related and unrelated) modules I could
find in /etc/apache2/httpd2.conf but none seem to help.

I'm curious if the example backuppc.conf file is out of date and
dependencies have changed, but I am having a hard time figuring out an
appropriate alternative apache2 directive to get the backuppc web
interface working on openbsd.

Let me know if someone has figured this out.

Maarten