Guy wrote:
Hi,

I'm busy setting up a pair of new MySQL servers. The bulk of the work
the current servers do is handle queries from postfix and I'm doing a
lot of reading and learning about MySQL tweaking and suchlike.
Our current postfix set up has a lot of convoluted queries (a lot of
UNION type queries), mostly because of legacy database design.

you can use views.

I'm
just curious whether postfix can currently handle using stored
procedures instead of plain MySQL queries? Just thinking of ways to
simply and hopefully improve performance for our postfix set up and I
noticed some vague mention of stored procedures in postfix on a mail
archive.
If it can be done, has anyone played with stored procedures in postfix
and what did it help you at all?

There were few posts a long ago. If my memory is correct, there were some problems.