On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 06:40:17PM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> tried to follow the ldap_README.html (postfix docs) and came across this
> example:
>
> dn: cn=agroup, dc=example, dc=com
>      objectclass: top
>      objectclass: ldapgroup
>      cn: agroup
>      mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>      memberaddr: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>      memberaddr: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> however, my ldap server does not accept the ObjectClass: ldapgroup. is
> there any special schema to be enabled? (currently the default nis.schema,
> cosine.schema, inetorgperson.schema, core.schema)

Postfix does not care what the schema is. The above is just an example,
and the only attributes that matter are "mail" and "memberaddr". The
mapping from LDAP to Postfix key/value tables is specified via
"query_filter" and "result_attribute".

> or is there any other objectclass i could use instead; I?m looking into
> attributes like mail: and memberaddr: where i can stick fully qualified
> email addresses (for both alias and destination(s) ) i will adjust
> virtual_alias_maps accordingly.

You can use any objectclass you want, Postfix never looks at these, unless
you put them in your query_filter.

--
        Viktor.