On Wed, May 06, 2020 at 11:51:37PM +0000, Pedro David Marco wrote:
> Hi!
> Is it possible to make Postfix Reject instead of warn for  "Illegal address
> syntax"?

So I've actually mailed about the same issue last week. As far as
I can see, postfix does reject it.

My case was with a space in the username. If I test this with
Thunderbird, I don't the warning, I get a proper error that the
user doesn't exist.

The client that caused that warning was using Outlook. I've not
yet been able to do test with Outlook. But from the tests I did
do, it seems that Outlook just ignores the error that postfix
returns.

Kurt