Ken Smith:
> Hi, first post to this list but long term Linux user here.
>
> I have Postfix configured for virtual domains and delivery to cyrus-imap
> via LMTP over IP. All is working well besides one detail.
>
> It seems that when senders request a DSN they do not get any response.
> I've tested this from an external Exchange system and I can see my test
> message arriving in the logfiles but no trace of an outgoing DSN.

You need to configure the Postfix LMTP client that it is doing final
delivery (LMTP does not assume that every delivery is final, they
could be to a content filter instead).

Either in master.cf:

    lmtp unix .. .. .. .. .. lmtpd flags=DORX

Or in main.cf (obsolescent feature):

    lmtp_assume_final = yes

Do "postfix reload" after changing the configuration.

Don't mess with delivery status filters.

        Wietse