Starting with version 3.25.0 the protobuf-kotlin jar includes some common
.proto files in the JARs src/google/protobuf directory. Previous version
included these files in the google/protobuf directory (without the parent
src directory). I haven't been able to find any announcement or explanation
of this change. Current and past versions of the protobuf-java JAR include
the same .proto files in the google/protobuf directory.

Was this change intentional? It caused one of my builds to break because
because the contents of the protobuf-kotlin and protobuf-java JAR were both
present causing protoc to detect conflicting declarations of the Any type.
My build was misconfiguration and has been fixed, but the change in
location still seems wrong to me, especially considering the protobuf-java
JAR still includes the same files in the original location.

Thanks,

Wesley Hartford