All, I'm a relatively new javascript programmer and like many I've
successfully been able to implement prototype.js in a relatively
complex application.  However, the little expertise I have seems to
have reached it's limits.  I have an application which constantly
adds, updates and deletes DOM elements.  This can approach 100's of
elements with each call.  Some event handlers are attached.  It
typically does these adds, updates and deletes once once every 60
seconds.  In an effort to monitor memory utilization in the browser I
bumped it up to 5 seconds and in no time the memory consumed reaches
epic levels.  It basically forces the browser to come to a halt.

The issue is that I'm not sure how to both track down the memory leak
or inspect my code to which I can find the culprit.  I'm wondering if
this arena is a good starting point to ask for help.  If I can get
past this hurdle then I can continue to develop the application.
Without getting past it the 6 months of work I've done thus far will
be a waste :( Is there anyone who wouldn't mind helping and educating
me?