Just to weight in, as an old time Python user, new time pygame user.

The thing I love the most about Python is it's flexibility. For my first
project, I'm still using everything-in-one file:
https://github.com/audiodude/Butterfly-Catcher/tree/basic

You can always refactor. But if you prefactor, you might up with code that
it turns out YAGNI (You Ain't Gonna Need It).

So at first, I just had a main(): method. But once I added scoring/timing, I
realized the main method need to go into a MainController class. It was a
simple refactor at that point....and KISS (keeping it simple, stupid) up
until that point let me focus on the game mechanics/logic without getting
bogged down in Software Engineering (do you really want to draw a UML
diagram for your hobby game? lol)

I tried to update the skellington after the last pyweek based on bugs...
> https://bitbucket.org/illume/skellington2011

What an awesome resource! First time hearing about it. Good work!

-Travis