On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 01:09:37PM -0400, Michael Bayer wrote:
> at Mike Orr's prodding, ive worked up a SQLAlchemy context object
> based on his proposal for a facade that deals with the various session
> (context)/engine/metadata mixtures.  I think this would be a good
> idea for the very reason that it encapsulates all the details of how
> engines/metadata/session/etc get created and used. [...]
>
> from pylons.database import SAContext
> sac = SAContext()   # connects to engine in the .ini file by default
> [...]

I like your prosal a lot. It addresses everything that has annoyed me so
far. But why is it limited to pylons.database? Elixir tries to make SA
simpler. Can't the session context itself be jazzed up so thar
pylons.database does little more than read the sqlalchemy.dburi and
provide a session context?

 Christoph