On Fri, 18 Apr 2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I'm currently working on a web application using django (python). For this, I need a way for calling some java programs from python. I tried out jcc and it works fine but I can't use double lists/arrays as argument for java methods from python. Everything works fine if I'm using integer lists/arrays or strings. And it's also possible to get double lists/arrays back from java methods but in the other direction the JVM is terminated or I'm getting a NullPointerException.

Has somebody used double lists as arguments for java methods successfully?

The code to pass double[], float[] or long[] was missing. I added it into
rev 422 of the JCC svn trunk [1].

I also just released JCC 1.9 to cheeseshop [2] with this and many other fixes since release 1.8:

 - fixed code generation for clone() broken by finalization proxy work
 - added 'union' to the list of reserved words
 - fixed castCheck() to work with finalization proxies
 - --compile no longer installs by default
 - fixed bug in __init__.cpp #include statements for package-less classes
 - fixed line ending bug on Windows
 - fixed multiple JCC-built extensions in same process problem
 - removed env argument from initVM() as it's redundant with the libjcc.dylib
 - reimplemented env->setClassPath() in terms of system URLClassLoader hack
 - added support for --include option
 - added 'NULL' to list of reserved words
 - added support for building shared libjcc library on Mac OS X and Linux
 - fixed bug with generating wrappers for abstract Enumeration implementations
 - added support for --install-dir and --use-distutils options
 - copy jcc runtime sources into extension source tree before compiling
 - added detection of invalid command line args
 - fixed double-free bug when passing in vmargs
 - added defines to enable building with MinGW (Bill Janssen)
 - added support for --bdist
 - added support for --compiler
 - fixed crasher on Windows with virtual JObject.weaken$()
 - fixed bug not checking return value from initVM()
 - fixed bug with findClass() not catching C++ exception when class not found
 - added missing code in parseArgs() to handle double[], float[] and long[]

Andi..

[1] rev 422 of [1] http://svn.osafoundation.org/pylucene/trunk/jcc/jcc/.
[2] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/JCC/1.9