On Wed, 9 Dec 2020, Scott Talbert wrote:

I'm working on test builds of OpenColorIO 2.0 in a COPR[1] and one of the
requirements to build the documentation is python-testresources.
The problem is it's looking for version 2.0+ but only 1.0 is in Fedora[2].
But I can't even find where that exists as a release!

More strangely, when you go to the PyPi page[3] it does show the current
version is 2.0.1, but when you go to the testresources homepage on
launchpad[4], the latest is 0.2.4 released in 2010.

Is PyPi correct that 2.0.x exists? Who's lying?

PyPi is probably correct. Looks like they just stopped putting release tarballs on Launchpad. You can see (somewhat recent) development in their VCS on Launchpad.

See also:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/python-testresources/pull-request/2