On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 10:07:35 -0000, DANNY <danijel.gv...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hy, first thanks for your response!
Well I am thinkin on coding in MPEG4/10, but I would just encode the
video in that encoding,
then stream it with VLC and save the video file on my disc. Then I
would play it with my player....

I think you're misunderstanding what VLC does here. Saving the video file should preserve format by default; you may be able save it out in YUV format (I don't have a copy on this machine to check), but that will take up ludicrous amounts of disc space and you'd still have to write a byte reader for it. If you do do that, you have lost any chance of knowing whether a frame was an I or P frame in the original format, not that it matters anyway by that point.

MPEG-4/10 is hard to write efficient decoders for, and I have to admit I wouldn't do it in Python. You'd be better off writing a wrapper for one of the existing MP4 libraries.