On 25/10/2013 07:14, wxjmfa...@gmail.com wrote:

[snip all the double spaced crap - please read, digest and action this https://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython]

Use one of the coding schemes endorsed by Unicode.

As I personally know nothing about unicode for the unenlightened such as myself please explain this statement with respect to the fsr.

If a dev is not able to see a non ascii char may use 10
bytes more than an ascii char

Are you saying that an ascii char takes a byte but a non ascii char takes up to 11? If yes please state where the evidence of this is. If no please state what you are saying.

or a dev is not able to
see there may be a regression of a factor 1, 2, 3, 5 or
more simply by using non ascii char, I really do not see
now I can help.

Are you saying that the fsr causes a speed regression of this order? If yes please state where the evidence of this is. If no please state what you are saying.

Neither I can force people to understand unicode.

Very true, I certainly don't.

I recieved a ton a private emails, even from core
devs

Please provide examples of these. If you have to name names, out of courtesy all you neeed do is ensure that they're given copies of anything that you say.

and as one wrote, this has not been seriously
tested.

Surely any core dev would simply have raised an issue on the bug tracker? Why are they sending you private emails on this subject?

Even today on the misc. lists some people
are suggesting to write to add more tests.

What are these misc. lists?  Why suggest, why not write?

All the tools I'm aware of, are using unicode very
smoothly (even "utf-8 tools"), Python not.

Please provide evidence to support this statement.

That's the status. This FSR fails. Period.

Please provide evidence to support this statement.

jmf

But the best has yet to be invented.  Christian Tismer

Mark Lawrence