Hi all!
On some occasions I've found myself in need of debugging the executable under gdb, strace and valgrind. Running

    gdb ./default/install-root/usr/local/bin/MyApp

has always worked well for me, but I wonder:

1) Would this break if the app depends on shared libraries existing in the same project, unless the user explicitly sets LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the proper locations?

2) Can we make it even simpler?

I'm considering the idea of adding an option to run the target under a wrapper, something like

    qbs run --products MyApp --wrapper "valgrind --trace-children=yes"

Does anyone have plans to implement something similar? If not, and if you think that the idea is sound, I might give it a go (hints welcome).

Ciao,
  Alberto

--
http://www.mardy.it - Geek in un lingua international