On 03/05/24 10:22, Nicholas Piggin wrote:

On Sat Apr 27, 2024 at 12:32 AM AEST, Cédric Le Goater wrote:
On 4/26/24 13:00, Aditya Gupta wrote:
Make Power11 as default cpu type for 'pseries' and 'powernv' machine type,
with Power11 being the newest supported Power processor in QEMU.
This is too early. We should merge Power11 support first, possibly in 9.1,
and then change default in a future release, 9.2, 10.0
Agree. Since P10 is the released chip that is what users will want
to use. Developers can set -cpu by hand.

Yes. I have dropped that patch from my v3.

About v3, I am blocked on a issue due to PCR values being same for P10 & P11. Will post the series after that gets sorted out.

Thanks,

Aditya Gupta

Thanks,
Nick