On Fri, 3 May 2024 at 13:43, Daniel Henrique Barboza
<dbarb...@ventanamicro.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In this RFC I want to check with Gerd and others if it's ok to add a PCI
> id for the RISC-V IOMMU device. It's currently under review in [1]. The
> idea is to fold this patch into the RISC-V IOMMU series if we're all ok
> with this change.

My question here would be "why is this risc-v specific?" (and more
generally "what is this for?" -- the cover letter and patch and
documentation page provide almost no information about what this
device is and why it needs to exist rather than using either
virtio-iommu or else a model of a real hardware IOMMU.)

thanks
-- PMM