Einar Guðsteinsson wrote:
Ouch, one dev tool more to learn.... when day will be 26 hours :-) Can I use action or something else to set default value? one field is string with date and I want today always to be automaticly filled in.

Hi Einar,

26 hours to learn qt-designer etc is maybe not enough. But it's nice to know and using it in combination with a python plugin gives probably what you want.

another option is

http://linfiniti.com/2009/11/creating-dynamic-forms-a-new-feature-headed-for-qgis-1-4/

which gives you without ui-file very very simple input forms (which according the article you can even then manipulate using python (plugin).

Not sure about the last part...

Regards Richard Duivenvoorde