From: "Eric "Shubes"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: qmailtoaster-list@qmailtoaster.com
Sent: 14/03/07 11:27
Subject: Re: [qmailtoaster] FW: HELP please

Richard Starkie wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Wonder if somone might help me.  I am trying to install the toaster on a
> CentOS 4.4 bare system,  however the install is not going very well.  As it
> keeps failing just after the firewall install.  I am running the install
> locally on the machine not via putty or similar C/Line client
>
> I am considering getting out my 4.3 Dvd and trying to install it on that as
> the last time I had it working was on a CentOS 4.3 server. (some little
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] nicked the box from my office when the house was broken
> into :[  )
>
> Hope u can help
>
> All ideas appreciated
>
> Rich

The present firewall configuration is intended for hosts that are on the
"front line", not behind a separate firewall with a local address. As such,
all local addresses are dropped as an anti-spoofing measure. If you're
running the toaster on a private IP address, you'll need to modify the
firewall.sh script. I added the following rule near the top of the script:

## Drop all incoming fragments
iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -f -j DROP
#
# shubes 5/16/06 - accept packets from local net
iptables -A INPUT -s my.internal.network.id/255.255.255.0 -j ACCEPT
#
## Drop outside packets with local addresses - anti-spoofing measure

It'd be nice if someone would create a flyspray task (or at least a wiki
FAQ) on this.