qmail-dk is broken and is going to be disabled by default in the next
release of the qmail-toaster package.

Anatoly has done some great work on this, but it is just not production worthy.

To manually disable, just type the following:
# cd /var/qmail/bin ; rm -f qmail-queue ; ln -s qmail-queue.orig qmail-queue

No need to make any changes to the tcp.smtp or anything. This is the
best way to proceed. Under certain circumstances, qmail-dk will reject
mail not signed by DK and it exhibits unpredictable behavior when
things are signed.

Erik

On 3/14/07, Glenn Remstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-03-14 at 06:59 -0700, Eric "Shubes" wrote:
> Glenn Remstedt wrote:
> > hello list,
> >
> > I'm running FC5 and latest QTP. When telnet localhost 25 and send mail
> > to me self I've got ...
> >
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] qtms-install]# telnet localhost 25
> > Trying 127.0.0.1...
> > Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
> > Escape character is '^]'.
> > 220 mail.remstedt.org - Welcome to Qmail Toaster Ver. 1.3 SMTP Server
> > ESMTP
> > ehlo
> > 250-mail.remstedt.org - Welcome to Qmail Toaster Ver. 1.3 SMTP Server
> > 250-STARTTLS
> > 250-PIPELINING
> > 250-8BITMIME
> > 250-SIZE 20971520
> > 250 AUTH LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5
> > mail from: [protect]
> > 250 ok
> > rcpt to: [protect]
> > 250 ok
> > data
> > 354 go ahead
> > dfg
> > .
> > 554 qmail-dk: Cannot sign message due to invalid message syntax.
> > (#5.3.0)
> >

> > * I've not yet added the "DomainKeys"-features!
> >
> > * what DK-install-procedures should I go for, there are at least 4 of
> > them -
> >   http://jeremy.kister.net/howto/dk.html
> >
> >   http://wiki.qmailtoaster.com/index.php/Domainkeys
> >
> >   http://qmail.jms1.net/patches/domainkeys.shtml
> >

> > http://www.qmailtoaster.com/fedora/fdr50/EZ-QmailToaster-CentOS-4.3.txt
> >
> > thanks again for all suggestion's
> > G.
> >

> I'd follow the wiki procedure (I'm biased though, as I wrote a good bit of
> it ;) ).
>
> However, qmail-dk is seriously broken at this point, so your best bet is to
> disable it for the time being. I believe that this can be done by removing
> all DK variables from tcp.smtp (and regenerating cdb), and making sure there
> is no /var/qmail/control/domainkeys/yourdomain.com/private file. If that
> doesn't turn it off, check the archives for a procedure that Alexey wrote
> which involves changing the symlinks to qmail-queue.orig.

Eric,
do I understand you right, on up what you're saying - I should not run
the "qmail-dk"-service" for the moment? If that's the case, howto
overcome the issue for sending mail to yahoo/hotmail-account's?

G.