Friends,

I have a good qmailtoaster server that I intend to switch out with my present
mailserver.
My present mail server is a linux machine running postfix.
my dns points mailhost.mydomain  to my present mailserver

I would like to do a switch that could be as simple as changing the hostname &
ip num
on both these machines - just flip them

my present ( postfix ) email server : cat.mydomain.com , 208.nnn.nn.101

my future   ( qmailtoaster )   server : dog.mydomain.com , 208.nnn.nn.100

can it be as simple as changing the host name and ipnumber on my future server?
and I would just turn the older ( postfix) machine off.

OR isn't the host name ,as it existed at the time of the qmail-toaster install,
referenced in various places in mysterious QmailToaster Files.
 And if I change it ( host & ip num ) will I just break it? - because some
QmailToaster file is expecting something diffrent.
If true, is there a script that will march about and change the "...mysterious
QmailToaster Files ..."

In other words which is better:
change my DNS and wait for that to percolate ( and/or maybe do some arp cache
clear )
or flip the machine name , num. ( simple, but I think it will not work )

Thanks

jim