[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi.

New to the mailing list and trying to get through (third attempt).

Same symptoms as previously reported.

Please note that this also happened to me attempting to install Fedora 6
as well as CentOS4. I needed to use ide=nodma in order for the install to
complete. I had an additional problem (probably not related, but included
for completeness) with acpi. Now I have pci=noacpi in the grub line,
ide=nodma REMOVED, and reset my dma with hdparm -d1 -k1 -c1 /dev/hda
(still need to try -c3). For comparison, I began a SuSE 9 Enterprise
install and did NOT have the same issue.

Hardware is a IBM 8303-SB3 2.4 Hz P4, 512 ram.
When did you download the ISO? I've put a fixed one up as of last night around 1am.
The default kernel options passed at boot time are:
ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg initrd=initrd.img acpi=off noapic skipddc
So if you need to add any further options, make sure you at least add the "ks=cdrom:/ks.cfg" to get the rest of the installation process to work for you.