>1:  How do I turn this information into a *TIME* of attempted delivery.

Just pipe it thru tai64nlocal, like this:

cat mylogfile | tai64nlocal

>2:  The teacher says she never got the mail, how do I figure out what
>happened to it?

You must search it in the correspondent /var/log/qmail/send/* file.

>Oddly enough, we were running an older version of the toaster, and we
>updated it to the current version that very evening (About 6:00 pm) but
>that was *AFTER* this took place.
>
>I only mention this as I had heard that the older version of the toaster
>we were running had much poorer logging than the new one, and is the
>main reason we updated.

Logging in qmail was allways admin-unfriendly. It's great for statistical
tools but
not for seein it directly.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Sánchez Martín;David
FN:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
ORG:E2000 Financial Investments, S.A.;Centro de Nuevas Tecnologías
TITLE:Administrador de Sistemas
TEL;WORK;VOICE:902196177
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;Agust=EDn Bravo 17 2=BA B=0D=0A33120 PRAVIA;Asturias;;;Espa=F1a
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Agust=EDn Bravo 17 2=BA B=0D=0A33120 PRAVIA=0D=0AAsturias=0D=0AEspa=F1a
URL;WORK:http://www.e2000.es
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
REV:20060705T152542Z
END:VCARD