On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Eike Ziller <eike.zil...@nokia.com> wrote:
> But, if you consider to provide your plugin cross-platform, you should notice
> that resources are at a different place on Mac builds.
> You should definitely use $$IDE_DATA_PATH/myplugin/scripts
> and in you plugin sources Core::ICore::instance()->resourcePath() +
> QLatin1String("/myplugin/scripts")

Thanks for the tip.

> INSTALLS creates an additional make target "make install". If you don't call
> "make install" the files will not be copied. If you want to actually copy
> files during the "make" step, you'll unfortunately need to do some fancy
> stuff, similar to share/qtcreator/static.pro
> /me wonders if we couldn't provide most of the stuff for this task as
> functions in qtcreator.pri ?

I was, and still am, confused by how the plugin gets build and installed.
When I build the plugin from within Qt Creator, it gets installed
automatically, I never have to use make install.

Running make install from the build dir works, but results in an
error. It wants to create a directory called "/lib/qtcreator".

Thanks for the reply. I have an answer to my question. Just run make
install in the build dir regardless of building the plugin in Qt
Creator.