On Thursday, 5 April 2018 01:21:50 UTC+10, cooloutac  wrote:
> So I think what you are saying is amount of ram is way more important then
> amount of cpu cores?   Which makes sense to me.

That is correct.
The requirements of things, I use static RAM, not variable.
For Linux like Fedora 22+ they are resource hungry, so giving them 1024MB+ is
best. Dom0 on Qubes 3.2 can run in 1024 MB RAM, IF you are not running the
standard Qubes VM Manager.
If you want to run the normal Qubes VM Manager you will need at least 2Gb
assigned. They normally have 4 Gb by default. But I decrease that to 1.5GB
since I use their Manager OCCASIONALLY, and not having it running all the time.

I can't say anything about Qubes 4 because their restrictions on it require the
latest CPUs and all (apparently) with certain technology that pre-2017 CPUs
don't have. (Or so I read).

They may have fixed some things in Qubes 4, but they are still using Fedora.

Once they have finished patching things for 4, I will be finishing a
non-SystemD version of Qubes. So that will require less RAM and run faster and
be more stable and secure.

So take that all into consideration too.

Another thing, make sure it's good RAM. Test it to check how many page faults
and errors you get. Even if it's 2166 hz RAM, if there are too many faults, it
will be slow as a wet week.

So don't get cheap things.
Thing is, you only get what you pay for. So if you pay for low quality, you get
low quality.