On 30 October 2023 at 13:17, Willem Ligtenberg via R-devel wrote:
| I just tried it on Ubuntu 23.10. It seems to just work.
| See screenshot here: https://nextcloud.wligtenberg.nl/s/jnbDT4ZiHw2JQ8H
| I should be using wayland, and as far as I know I haven't done anything
| special to make this work. But there might be some compatibility layer
| that is active by default.

Same here under trusted 22.04 LTS on that older / not quite healthy laptop.
All it took was to set WaylandEnable=true in /etc/gdm3/custom.conf and a
systemctl call to restart gdm3.

R plots fine in the x11() default device via plot(cumsum(rnorm(100)), type="l").

Like Roger, I had issues with some third-party apps (obs to record lectures
comes to mind, maybe also zoom ?) so "we'll see".

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org