On 27 March 2024 at 11:03, Prof Brian Ripley via R-devel wrote:
| On 27/03/2024 10:28, Alexandre Courtiol wrote:
| > Hi all,
| >
| > I don't know if it is a local issue on my hands or not, but after
| > installing R-devel the output of grDevices::dev.capabilities()$paths is
| > FALSE, while it is TRUE for R 4.3.3.
| > Relatedly, I have issues with plotting paths on devel.
| >
| > At this stage, I simply would like to know if others running R devel and R
| > 4.3.3 can replicate this behaviour and if there are obvious reasons why the
| > observed change would be expected.
|
| The help says
|
|       Query the capabilities of the current graphics device.
|
| You haven't told us what that was.  See the posting guide for the "at a
| minimum" information you also did not provide ....

Yes, with that I see

> x11()
> grDevices::dev.capabilities()$paths
[1] TRUE

> getRversion()
[1] ‘4.5.0’

> R.version
               _
platform       x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
arch           x86_64
os             linux-gnu
system         x86_64, linux-gnu
status         Under development (unstable)
major          4
minor          5.0
year           2024
month          03
day            27
svn rev        86214
language       R
version.string R Under development (unstable) (2024-03-27 r86214)
nickname       Unsuffered Consequences

Dirk

--
dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | e...@debian.org