You also could use RExcel and write some VBA macros doing this task for you.
You can essentially have the rcom R-centric solution or the
VBA-centric RExcel solution.

On Jul 14, 2010, at 12:19 AM, Marc Schwartz wrote:

> If I am correctly understanding what Eugen is trying to do, WriteXLS() won't
> get him there. WriteXLS() will enable you to label/name the worksheets (tabs)
> but not allow you to precede the actual data frame rows and columns on the
> sheet with a title or label.
>
> I suspect that you may have to look at the RCom package tools for this. This
> provides greater flexibility in writing to the worksheets and cells.
>
> See http://rcom.univie.ac.at/ for more information.
>
> HTH,
>
> Marc Schwartz
>

> On Jul 13, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Felipe Carrillo wrote:
>
>> Check the WriteXLS package, I think it does that and also saves
>> each R object on a different excel sheet.
>>
>> Felipe D. Carrillo
>> Supervisory Fishery Biologist
>> Department of the Interior
>> US Fish & Wildlife Service
>> California, USA

>>> write.table(tab, file=zz, row.names=F,sep="\t")
>>> close(zz)}
>>> write.excel(head(USArrests))
>>> write.excel(head(iris))
>>>
>>> Any suggestion on how to export the same information on two separate
>>> sheets,
>>> and
>>>
>>> keeping also a title for each of them, is highly appreciated, as i have
>>> been
>>> searching for some time for a good solution.
>>>
>>> Thank you very much and have a great day ahead!

Erich Neuwirth
Didactic Center for Computer Science and Institute for Scientific Computing
University of Vienna