That makes perfect sense.

Since I need to build up the results table sequentially as I iterate through the data, how would you recommend it??

Thanks,

-N

On 11/11/10 12:03 AM, Michael Bedward wrote:
All values in a matrix are the same type, so if you've set up a matrix
with a character column then your numeric values will also be stored
as character. That would explain why they are being converted to
factors.  It would also explain why your query isn't working.

Michael