On 2011-07-10 03:16, dmeire wrote:
I'm using the image.plot() function (fields package), but I want to enlarge
the characters of the legend (as they are too small to be read in a combined
figure), but there is no way I can find a command to do this. I can enlarge
the legend bar (with legend.witdh), axis character size (cex.axis)  or the
total legend size (legend.shrink), but not the character size of the legend
characters itself (and only that). Is it possible to do it in one or another
way?

What do you mean by "legend characters"? The help page has an example
that shows how to modify a legend label ('title' might be a better
term) using a legend.args list. If you mean the axis labels on the
legend, then use an axis.args list with appropriate cex.axis setting).
E.g.

 image.plot(x, y, z, axis.args = list(cex.axis = 2))

If this is not what you have in mind, then you should provide a reproducible example that illustrates the problem.

Peter Ehlers

Regards,
Dieter