A previous attempt at this question resulted in the message running together,
making the message difficult to read and the code lines hard to distinquinsh.
In my R learning I've come across a situation in which a piece of code that
works on the work space outside a function does not work inside the function.
WARNING THIS EMAIL CONTAINES THE CODE:#rm(list=ls())     THIS WILL CLEAR ALL
OBJECTS FROM YOUR WORKSPACE! When I use rm(list=ls()) and then ls() it shows
character(0) So I tried to make a quick function to speed this up as follows:

#====================
#    ATTEMPT 1
#====================
clear <- function()rm(list=ls())clear()
ls()  #all objects are still attached
#====================
#    ATTEMPT 2
#====================
clear <- function(){
{CLEAR <- function()rm(list=ls())}
eapply(globalenv(),CLEAR)
}clear()ls()
#============================
#ERROR MESSAGE FRPM ATTEMPT 2
 clear()
Error in FUN(list(function (x)  : unused argument(s) (list(function (x)

QUESTIONS:Why does this code not work inside the function?  Please critique
both my attempts.
What would I need to do to make the pieces of code work inside the function?
Windows 7
R version 2.14 beta

Thanks in advance,
Tyler Rinker